Thursday, October 5

Today was just one of those rainy, gray, gloomy, emo days. I must have been a sight, standing at the railroad crossing for 30 minutes with a broken umbrella and a hole in my shoe. I guess people around me couldn't see the hole in my shoe, but everytime I walked, my foot would make a squishy sound. (Squishy is a cute word.)

As you all must know, though, I adore those rainy, gray, gloomy, emo days so I did not mind any of this one bit. Music and rain make a very happy Jen.

So, after waiting at the RR X-ing, I walked to the post office and mailed a package. Usually on the crosswalk just preceding the post office, a dirge-like song plays to inform you that it is okay to cross. It is so sad though, that everytime I walk across the zebra-striped road, I want to stop in the middle and just die. Okay, that is a tad dramatic, but it's sort of true. My iPod kept me from having to hear it today, though. Anyway, after 3 times at the counter and two mistakenly filled out forms, I managed to leave just a little bit wiser about the whole post office...thing.

Then, I ambled on over to the hyaku-yen (100 yen) shop to buy a nice new umbrella. It's cute!

See? (I took this with the camera on my new keitai [cell], which really, is so much cooler than anything you can get in the States.)

After that, I made my inaugural trip to Mister Donut and bought two donuts (the custard-filled ones are delicious!). After a little bit of confusion and mild embarassment at the counter, I left with general good feeling all around.

Since I was basically on an adventure already, I decided to take some back alleyways, just to explore and all that. It was cool, but it took me much longer to get home. Since my jeans were soaked up to mid-calf by now and my shoes squishier than ever, I decided that I should probably just go back the normal way and stop wandering around.

Er, yes, and now I am typing on the computer after finishing the two donuts in a single sitting (I'm sure the audience is disgusted). Now I shall go decorate my shoes (not the squishy ones--I got new ones that are more waterproof) because I like to be different sometimes!

[Addition] Whooo, I finished decorating my shoes. I'm kind of proud of them. :D JACQUELINE! You should be proud of me too!



This shows what it looked like before and after I did one shoe. I drew the subway station map on them because these are my two main forms of transportation in Japan: walking and taking the train.




And so with those and this new book bag I bought, I'll basically be the coolest kid in school! Just kidding, with all this stuff, I'll be like, 5% as trendy as the other kids on the block. :T

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha... love rain and music, it reminds me of your black tear emo days. =] I'm glad you're having fun.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, you're too cute! jessca would be sooooo jealous/proud of your metro-pattern shoe design! i miss you! love you lots!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ben, i'm on skype too! so call me if you ever get bored and want someone to talk to (because i'm still unemployed =(!). my username is eugeniatao (ooh so creative), if there's more than one, i put up my bday so you can verify it's me. (you'd better remember my birthday!!!)

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do japanese girls wear heels even in the rain?

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE YOU!!!! :DDDDD muah!!!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha VERY CUTE JEN!!! :) i was just in japan... well.... 2 months ago. haha ;)
---annie

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, that umbrella pic was taken by a cell... phone?! wow.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOWOW JENN i love ure shoes :D i didnt know converses went feminine!

-Monica Tzeng

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOWOW JENN i love ure shoes :D i didnt know converses went feminine!

-Monica Tzeng

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you seem different... not in a bad way, but different!

and yeah yeah i love your shoes. just dont sink them in a vat of mud like i did!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home